Admission System for Bachelor's Degree Programs
There are two semesters (Spring and Fall) in every year. Admission for Fall 2021 semester is going to be opened for the candidates who have passed SSC or O-Level or equivalent examination in 2015 and onwards, and HSC or A-Level or equivalent examinations in 2019 and onwards can apply. Notice for admission to Bachelor's Degree Programs will be published in some of the national daily newspapers Daily Prothom alo, Daily Star, New Age, Alokito Bangladesh and Daily Bangladesh Prothidin. Foreign candidates can also apply for admission through the online application system. Detail instruction for foreign students is available here.
For undergraduate studies, the Faculty of Architecture & Planning and Faculty of Engineering together are referred to as ENGG.. The ENGG. includes different programs namely Architecture (ARC), Civil Engineering (CE), Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE), Textile Engineering (TE), Industrial & Production Engineering (IPE) and Mechanical Engineering (ME).
In each Faculty there are three groups of students namely General (GL), Freedom Fighter (FF) and Remote & Undeveloped Area (RA).
Qualifications for Applicants
FOR SSC-HSC CANDIDATES
- HSC (Science) with Math, Physics, Chemistry
- GPA in HSC: Minimum 3.5 (with additional subject)
- Sum of GPA of HSC and SSC: Minimum 8.0 (with additional subject)
FOR O & A - LEVEL
- O-level or equivalent (with at least five subjects including Math, Physics, Chemistry & English)
- A-level or equivalent in Math, Physics & Chemistry with minimum equivalent GPA of 3.5
- Sum of equivalent GPA of O & A-level: Min 8.0
- Conversion Scale: A/A*=5, B=4, C=3 & D=2
Note : As per the Private University Act 2010, 3% of the total seats are reserved for sons/daughters of Freedom Fighters (FF), while another 3% for poor and meritorious candidates of Remote and Undeveloped Areas (RA).
FOR SSC-HSC CANDIDATES
- Must have SSC & HSC or equivalent degrees from any discipline
- Minimum requirement: Total GPA 7.00 in SSC+ HSC (with additional subject)
- Candidates who have passed SSC or O-level or equivalent examinations in 2015 and onwards, and HSC or A-level or equivalent examinations in 2019 and onwards can apply.
- Quota for Freedom Fighter’s son/daughter and Remote & Underdeveloped areas is applicable for BBA Program.
FOR O & A - LEVEL
- Minimum five subjects in O-level and two subjects in A-level.
- Sum of equivalent GPA of O & A-level: Minimum 7.00 with at least 3.00 at any level.
- Grade equivalence: A/A*=5, B=4, C=3, D=2 & E=1.
Faculties, Departments & School
|Faculty||Department/School||Program Offered||Program Duration|
|Faculty of Architecture and Planning||Department of Architecture||Bachelor of Architecture (ARC)||5 Years|
|Faculty of Engineering||Department of Civil Engineering||Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (CE)||4 Years|
|Department of Computer Science and Engineering||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering(CSE)||4 Years|
|Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering||Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering(EEE)||4 Years|
|Department of Textile Engineering||Bachelor of Science in Textile Engineering(TE)||4 Years|
|Department of Mechanical & Production Engineering||Bachelor of Science in Industrial and Production Engineering(IPE)||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering(ME)|
|Faculty of Business and Social Sciences||School of Business||Bachelor of Business Administration(SoB)||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Architecure(Arch.)||50|
|B.Sc in Civil Engineering (CE)||100|
|B.Sc in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)||100|
|B.Sc in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE)||150|
|B.Sc in Textile Engineering (TE)||100|
|B.Sc in Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE)||100|
|B.Sc in Mechanical Engineering (ME)||100|
How to Pay
Applicant must pay the application fees through bKash APP.
The below steps are needed to be followed during the payment of an application fee through the bKash app.
Application fee : ৳ 500.00
Inter Program Transfer (Migration) Policy
If a candidate does not get selected for the program of his/her 1st choice, then upon admission he/she will be provided 2 chances of inter program migration. The process of migration is non-reversible. The program selection for migration will be decided according to the following factors:
- Merit position of the candidate
- Availability of empty seats in different programs
- Given preference of the programs in the admission form filled-up by the candidates.
A newly admitted 1st year 1st semester student can cancel his/her admission from a program through a written application within 9 (nine) working days from the day of starting of classes of the semester, in this case he/she will get the refund of deposited money except Registration and Admission fees.
Procedure and Documents Required
In order to cancel the admission, the student needs to submit a written application addressed to the Vice Chancellor, AUST; through Chairman of the Admission Committee. The following documents are needed to be submitted along with the application:
- Photocopy of the money receipt.
- Printed copy of the e-mail of admission confirmation.
* The application must contain the particulars (Name, A/C No., Name & Branch of Bank) of the person in favor of whom the A/C payee cheque of re-imbursement amount depending on the rules will be prepared.
- Candidates who possess foreign passport, brought up and educated abroad (not in Bangladesh) shall be considered as foreign students.
- Foreign student must have certificate of twelve years of schooling equivalent to A level with good grades in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. However, foreign applicants aspiring for getting admissions into the BBA program must have certificates of twelve years of schooling equivalent to A level with good grades in maximum subjects.
- Applicants should have IELTS score 6 or TOEFL score 80. The AUST authority may condone this requirement for candidates having adequate English aptitude.
The total number of seats for foreign students in the Undergraduate program in each semester is 25 which will be distributed among the departments proportional to their allocated seats.
Interested foreign candidate fulfilling the above requirements needs to apply through online account. The downloaded copy of the filled up Online Application Form along with all the academic transcripts & certificates and 1 (one) recent colored photograph should then be sent through e-mail (to the address of firstname.lastname@example.org) to the Registrar of the university within 24-02-2022. The candidates will be selected for admission strictly on merit basis from among the foreign applicants. Candidates will be informed through e-mail about their selection for admission. If selected for admission, they will have to get clearance from appropriate authorities of their respective countries, and they will also have to get their visa themselves from the Embassy/High Commission of Bangladesh in their countries.
1st semester at the time of admission: For Architecture/Engineering: $1600 (it may vary depending on the exchange rates). For each remaining semester at the rate: $1300 (it may vary depending on the exchange rates) for Architecture/Engineering. The payment shall be made before the start of each semester.
Fees (applicable to the local students without tuition waiver) converted to USD at the rate available for making deposit to the designated bank will be applicable for foreign students getting admission into the BBA Program.
AUST does not have any residential facility in its own command for the students. However, the foreign students will be assisted in getting an accommodation at reasonable cost in the proximity of AUST campus.
The foreign students will have to abide by all other relevant rules and regulations of AUST
For further query and information the intending foreign students may write to the Registrar of the University (e-mail : email@example.com).