There are two semesters (Spring and Fall) every year. Admission for the Spring 2023 semester is going to be opened for the candidates who have passed SSC or O-Level or equivalent examination in 2018 and onwards, and HSC or A-Level or equivalent examinations in 2020 and onwards. Notice for admission to Bachelor's Degree Programs will be published in some of the national daily newspapers and TV channels. Foreign candidates can also apply for admission through the online application system. Detailed instruction for foreign students is available here.
Qualifications For Applications (For Engg./arch. Program)
FOR SSC-HSC CANDIDATES
- HSC (Science) with Math, Physics, Chemistry
- GPA in HSC: Minimum 3.5 (with additional subject)
- Minimum total of SSC and HSC GPAs: 8.0 including additional subject.
FOR O & A - LEVEL
- O-level or equivalent (with at least five subjects including Math, Physics, Chemistry & English)
- A-level or equivalent in Math, Physics & Chemistry with minimum equivalent GPA of 3.5
- Minimum equivalent total of O and A-level GPAs: 8.0
- Grade equivalence: A*/A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2 & E=1
Note : As per the Private University Act 2010, 3% of the total seats are reserved for sons/daughters of Freedom Fighters (FF), while another 3% for poor and meritorious candidates of Remote and Undeveloped Areas (RA).
For Engg/Arch total seat: 900
Document Verification for GCE, FF & RA Applicants
a) Attested copies of the Certificates and Grade Sheets of O and A level issued by the appropriate authority like Cambridge, Pearson Edexcel etc.
b)The following documents will not be considered:
i) Documents and grade sheets from school
ii) Result for Advanced Subsidiary Level (AS Level)
Freedom Fighter (FF) Quota:
Applicants must upload scanned copy the documents of their parents (father or mother) to fulfill the following criteria as proof of Freedom Fighter for verification during submission of the online application.
১। যাঁদের নাম মুক্তিবার্তায় চূড়ান্ত তালিকায় (মুক্তিবার্তা লাল বই) অন্তর্ভুক্ত আছে (সবুজ তালিকা গ্রহণযোগ্য নয়) (প্রযোজ্য ক্ষেত্রে)।
২। যাঁদের নাম ভারতীয় তালিকায় অন্তর্ভুক্ত আছে (প্রযোজ্য ক্ষেত্রে)। অথবা
৩। মাননীয় প্রধান মন্ত্রী কর্তৃক প্রতিস্বাক্ষরিত বাংলাদেশ মুক্তিযোদ্ধা সংসদ হতে সনদ ধারী মুক্তিযোদ্ধাগণ (প্রযোজ্য ক্ষেত্রে)। এবং
৪। মুক্তিযুদ্ধ বিষয়ক মন্ত্রণালয় হতে যাঁদের নামে মুক্তিযোদ্ধা সাময়িক সনদ পত্র ইস্যু করা হয়েছে এবং যাঁদের নামে এ মন্ত্রণালয় কর্তৃক গেজেট প্রকাশ করা হয়েছে (তবে এক্ষেত্রে সাময়িক সনদপত্রধারীদের অবশ্যই গেজেট থাকতে হবে এবং গেজেটের নাম, ঠিকানার সাথে সাময়িক সনদের মিল থাকতে হবে)। এবং
৫। অন্যান্য সংশ্লিষ্ট কাগজপত্র / প্রমাণাদি (প্রযোজ্য ক্ষেত্রে)।
Remote and Undeveloped Area (RA) Quota:
i) Applicants must be permanent residents of the Upazilas considered as the Remote and Undeveloped Areas as per list shown below. Applicants must upload scanned copy residency certificates, issued by the Chairman of the Union Council and authenticated by the respective Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) to the University during submission of the online application.
ii) Applicants must pass SSC and/or HSC Examinations from the School/College of their own Remote Upazilas. Applicants must upload the scanned copy of the testimonial from the Headmaster and/or Principal of their school/college they studied during submission of the online application.
N.B: If a candidate fails to produce the above documents he/she will not be selected for GCE and FF and RA Quota.
Following Upazillas of Bangladesh are considered as Remote and Undeveloped Areas of Bangladesh -
Criteria of preparing merit sequence for Admission Test Result of Engg/Arch
The merit sequence of the candidates is prepared according to the following combination of their SSC GPA, HSC GPA and Marks obtained in the Admission Test.
GPA × 20
GPA × 20
Inter Program Transfer (Migration) Policy
If a candidate does not get selected for the program of his/her 1st choice, then upon admission he/she will be provided 2 chances of inter program migration. The process of migration is non-reversible. The program selection for migration will be decided according to the following factors:
- Merit position of the candidate
- Availability of empty seats in different programs
- Given preference of the programs in the admission form filled-up by the candidates.
A newly admitted 1st year 1st semester student can cancel his/her admission from a program through a written application within 9 (nine) working days from the day of starting of classes of the semester, in this case he/she will get the refund of deposited money except Registration and Admission fees.
Procedure and Documents Required
In order to cancel the admission, the student needs to submit a written application addressed to the Vice Chancellor, AUST; through Chairman of the Admission Committee. The following documents are needed to be submitted along with the application:
- Photocopy of the money receipt.
- Printed copy of the e-mail of admission confirmation.
* The application must contain the particulars (Name, A/C No., Name & Branch of Bank) of the person in favor of whom the A/C payee cheque of re-imbursement amount depending on the rules will be prepared.
- Candidates who possess foreign passport, brought up and educated abroad (not in Bangladesh) shall be considered as foreign students.
- Foreign student must have certificate of twelve years of schooling equivalent to A level with good grades in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. However, foreign applicants aspiring for getting admissions into the BBA program must have certificates of twelve years of schooling equivalent to A level with good grades in maximum subjects.
- Applicants should have IELTS score 6 or TOEFL score 80. The AUST authority may condone this requirement for candidates having adequate English aptitude.
The total number of seats for foreign students in the Undergraduate program in each semester is 25 which will be distributed among the departments proportional to their allocated seats.
Interested foreign candidate fulfilling the above requirements needs to apply through online account. The downloaded copy of the filled up Online Application Form along with all the academic transcripts & certificates and 1 (one) recent colored photograph should then be sent through e-mail (to the address of firstname.lastname@example.org) to the Registrar of the university within 29-07-2023. The candidates will be selected for admission strictly on merit basis from among the foreign applicants. Candidates will be informed through e-mail about their selection for admission. If selected for admission, they will have to get clearance from appropriate authorities of their respective countries, and they will also have to get their visa themselves from the Embassy/High Commission of Bangladesh in their countries.
1st semester at the time of admission: For Architecture/Engineering: $1600 (it may vary depending on the exchange rates). For each remaining semester at the rate: $1300 (it may vary depending on the exchange rates) for Architecture/Engineering. The payment shall be made before the start of each semester.
AUST does not have any residential facility in its own command for the students. However, the foreign students will be assisted in getting an accommodation at reasonable cost in the proximity of AUST campus.
The foreign students will have to abide by all other relevant rules and regulations of AUST
For further query and information the intending foreign students may write to the Registrar of the University (e-mail : email@example.com).