There are two semesters (spring and fall) every year. Candidates who have passed SSC or O-level or equivalent examinations in 2015 and onwards, and HSC or A-level or equivalent examinations in 2019 and onwards can apply. A notice for admission to the BBA Program will be published in some national daily newspapers, as well as on the AUST website (http://admission.aust.edu).
FOR SSC-HSC CANDIDATES
- Must have SSC & HSC or equivalent certificates from any discipline
- Minimum requirement: Total GPA 7.00 in SSC+ HSC (with additional subject)
- Candidates who have passed SSC or O-level or equivalent examinations in 2015 and onwards, and HSC or A-level or equivalent examinations in 2019 and onwards can apply.
- Quota for Freedom Fighter’s son/daughter and Remote & Underdeveloped areas is applicable for BBA Program.
FOR O & A - LEVEL
- Minimum five subjects in O-level and two subjects in A-level.
- Sum of equivalent GPA of O & A-level: Minimum 7.00 with at least 3.00 at any level.
- Grade equivalence: A/A*=5, B=4, C=3, D=2 & E=1.
Fee Structure Only for BBA Program
Document Verification for O & A Level, FF & RA Applicants
O & A - Level Candidates:
a) Attested copies of the Certificates and Grade Sheets of O and A level issued by the appropriate authority like Cambridge, Pearson Edexcel etc.
b) The following documents will not be considered:
i) Documents and grade sheets from school
ii) Result for Advanced Subsidiary Level (AS Level)
Freedom Fighter (FF) Quota:
Applicants must upload scanned copy of the documents of their parents (father or mother) to fulfill the following criteria as proof of Freedom Fighter for verification during submission of the online application.
১। যাঁদের নাম মুক্তিবার্তায় চূড়ান্ত তালিকায় (মুক্তিবার্তা লাল বই) অন্তর্ভুক্ত আছে (সবুজ তালিকা গ্রহণযোগ্য নয়) (প্রযোজ্য ক্ষেত্রে)।
২। যাঁদের নাম ভারতীয় তালিকায় অন্তর্ভুক্ত আছে (প্রযোজ্য ক্ষেত্রে)। অথবা
৩। মাননীয় প্রধান মন্ত্রী কর্তৃক প্রতিস্বাক্ষরিত বাংলাদেশ মুক্তিযোদ্ধা সংসদ হতে সনদ ধারী মুক্তিযোদ্ধাগণ (প্রযোজ্য ক্ষেত্রে)। এবং
৪। মুক্তিযুদ্ধ বিষয়ক মন্ত্রণালয় হতে যাঁদের নামে মুক্তিযোদ্ধা সাময়িক সনদ পত্র ইস্যু করা হয়েছে এবং যাঁদের নামে এ মন্ত্রণালয় কর্তৃক গেজেট প্রকাশ করা হয়েছে (তবে এক্ষেত্রে সাময়িক সনদপত্রধারীদের অবশ্যই গেজেট থাকতে হবে এবং গেজেটের নাম, ঠিকানার সাথে সাময়িক সনদের মিল থাকতে হবে)। এবং
৫। অন্যান্য সংশ্লিষ্ট কাগজপত্র / প্রমাণাদি (প্রযোজ্য ক্ষেত্রে)।
Remote and Undeveloped Area (RA) Quota:
i) Applicants must be permanent residents of the Upazilas considered as the Remote and Undeveloped Areas as per list shown below. Applicants must upload scanned copy of residency certificates, issued by the Chairman of the Union Council and authenticated by the respective Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) to the University during submission of the online application.
ii) Applicants must pass SSC and/or HSC Examinations from the School/College of their own Remote Upazilas. Applicants must upload the scanned copy of the testimonial from the Headmaster and/or Principal of their school/college they studied during submission of the online application.
N.B: If a candidate fails to produce the above documents he/she will not be selected for O & A Level and FF and RA Quota.
Following Upazillas of Bangladesh are considered as Remote and Undeveloped Areas of Bangladesh -
Eligible candidates for admission in the BBA program under Freedom Fighter (FF) and Remote and Undeveloped Area (RA) Quota will be notified in the 1st week of May 2022.
A newly admitted 1st year 1st semester student can cancel his/her admission from a program through a written application within 9 (nine) working days from the day of starting of classes of the semester, in this case he/she will get the refund of deposited money except Registration and Admission fees.
Academic Rules and Information
- Candidates who possess foreign passport, brought up and educated abroad (not in Bangladesh) shall be considered as foreign students.
- Foreign student must have certificate of twelve years of schooling equivalent to A level with good grades in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. However, foreign applicants aspiring for getting admissions into the BBA program must have certificates of twelve years of schooling equivalent to A level with good grades in maximum subjects.
- Applicants should have IELTS score 6 or TOEFL score 80. The AUST authority may condone this requirement for candidates having adequate English aptitude.
The total number of seats for foreign students in the Undergraduate program in each semester is 25 which will be distributed among the departments proportional to their allocated seats.
Interested foreign candidate fulfilling the above requirements needs to apply through online account. The downloaded copy of the filled up Online Application Form along with all the academic transcripts & certificates and 1 (one) recent colored photograph should then be sent through e-mail (to the address of email@example.com) to the Registrar of the university within 24-02-2022. The candidates will be selected for admission strictly on merit basis from among the foreign applicants. Candidates will be informed through e-mail about their selection for admission. If selected for admission, they will have to get clearance from appropriate authorities of their respective countries, and they will also have to get their visa themselves from the Embassy/High Commission of Bangladesh in their countries.
1st semester at the time of admission: For Architecture/Engineering: $1600 (it may vary depending on the exchange rates). For each remaining semester at the rate: $1300 (it may vary depending on the exchange rates) for Architecture/Engineering. The payment shall be made before the start of each semester.
AUST does not have any residential facility in its own command for the students. However, the foreign students will be assisted in getting an accommodation at reasonable cost in the proximity of AUST campus.
The foreign students will have to abide by all other relevant rules and regulations of AUST
For further query and information the intending foreign students may write to the Registrar of the University (e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org).